Hall of Fame Selection Criteria
Criteria for Selecting Induction Class
Individuals may be nominated representing 4 categories. The categories are included on the nomination form for expediency, in understanding the primary area(s) of a nominated individual and for one’s consideration of one’s interscholastic achievements. The groupings are for screening purposes to assist those making the nominations in understanding the type of information required.
- Athlete/Alumni: Any person who has distinguished himself/herself in the filed of athletics while a student at Bishop Verot Catholic High School. Criteria considerations should include All-State recognition, All-American recognition, Pro Selection, outstanding college accomplishments, and college scholarship recipient or college participant. The first year of eligibility for nominees is the ten-year anniversary of the nominees year of graduation. Other considerations may be taken into account but may not take the place of the above criteria. Alumni that distinguish themselves after graduation but did not participate in sports while at Bishop Verot are not eligible.
- Coach: Any coach with at least 7 years of service at Bishop Verot Catholic High School and 15 years of coaching experience. The nominees must be inactive to be eligible for consideration. Criteria are based on accomplishments that merit statewide recognition as well as significant contributions to the athletic programs at Bishop Verot Catholic High School.
- Contributor: Any individual who has made outstanding contributions to the interscholastic athletic programs at Bishop Verot Catholic High School other than coaching and playing.
- Teams: Members of State Championship teams will be specially honored by the Hall of Fame and invited to return to Sports Banquets as a team on significant anniversary years.
Requirements for Nomination
- Nominees must exemplify the highest standards of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and moral character.
- All candidates will be judged on their significant and/or ling-term contributions to athletic endeavors.
- Acknowledged leadership in his/her chosen field or community, state and or national presence will be considered.
- Inductees may be nominated either by the selection committee, by current faculty, administration, and staff, by current members of the community or by alumnus.
- Nominations should be accompanied by a letter of recommendation, newspaper clippings, magazine articles, etc., and a current photograph.
All questions and nominations should be forwarded to Mike Gill '68, Director of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (239)274-6745.
Bishop Verot Athletic Hall of Fame
c/o Mike Gill
5598 Sunrise Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33919